This last year has been crazy. Filled with surprises, laughter, heartache, and big changes. Turning 24 has been a humbling experience. One that I’m trying, and struggling to come to turns with. I’m not sure where the next year will take me or if I’m ready but I’m grateful. Always.
Here are a few memories from the last year:
- Mar 18-20: Went home to celebrate my birthday with my family and best friend. Saw Kinky Boots, went shopping, and watched Zootopia! Such a good weekend.
- April 21: Accepted my offer for a two-year college program
- April 27: Finished my undergrad, officially.
- May 16: Celebrated my cousin’s birthday at the CN TOWER.
- May 25: Beyonce Concert. ‘Twas flawless!
- June 3: Solo Trip to Montreal
- June 18: Graduation!
- June 20: Montreal trip! Back at it again with solo trips and waffles
- June 23: Flower delivery! The most beautiful bouquet of flowers arrived for me today.
- July 1: Canada Day in the Capital City! The best!
- July 3: Graduation Party! LOL….now what?
- July 20: Moved out of my first apartment! Couldn’t believe it. Four years packed away
- Sept 6: Started college. Culture shock was real.
- Sept 8: Baked homemade bread for the first time. Named him Rufus ’cause he looked like a naked mole rat.
- Oct 21-22: Spent the night at the ROM museum for Fashion Night; Celebrated a special anniversary and spent the night at the Sia concert!
- Dec 1: Finished my shorts in sewing class. So proud of myself!
- Dec 2: Saw Moana! Such a good movie
- Dec 14: Donated blood for the second time
- Dec 22: Went to the Christmas Market in Distillery District and had friendmas via FaceTime
- Jan 22: Saw the last Toronto show of Potted Potter! So funny!
- Feb 18: Went to Sweet Jesus on John St. and finally got to try the Birthday Cake ice cream
- Mar 1-5: Travelled to Antigua and got to see my grandma. So much fun and a truly humbling experience
- Mar 16: Turned 24. Honestly, still processing.
Here’s to another year!